Hiking is great for countless reasons, but whether you are an avid outdoorsman or weekend warrior, here are a few reasons for you to get out there and do a little hiking this spring!
1. First and foremost, fresh air! Like Mom always said, “A little fresh air does a body good.” There is nothing more invigorating than a gulp of fresh mountain air on a crisp spring morning.
2. This one seems like a no brainer, but physical fitness seems like a necessary addition to the list. After a long winter of binge watching Netflix series and munching on Cape Cod potato chips, now is the time to get out, stretch those legs, and get those endorphins pumping. The good thing about hiking outside is at least you aren't stuck at the gym on a treadmill staring at the wall.
3. Let's get outdoors and hang! Spring time hiking is a stellar time to get the gang back together. Think road trip to the mountains, backpacks packed to the brim with trail mix, walking down the trail hand in hand. You all hold hands with your friends too right...
4. See something new! There are so many amazing things out there; so many in fact, that chances are we will never see them all in our lifetime. The spring time is a great time to travel somewhere that a friend of a friend said you'd really like. For example, the view from the top of Mt. Washington is pretty spectacular, but don't take my word for it.
5. Polish those skills. If you happen to be an avid hiker, and have BIG plans to bag several summits this summer, or even a long section hike, the spring is an awesome time to get ready. That is, if you haven't already been trudging through the snow in spikes all winter long...
6. When it comes down to it, there is one thing that keeps us all going: fun. The journey, the destination, the people, all of it is nothing short of a great time.